Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Vaughn is Mystery Training

Jacob pulled in tonight with Vaughn and he immediately announced that he was going upstairs "to play." I was downstairs fixing dinner when I heard persistent banging upstairs. I went upstairs to find out what was going on and it turned out he was kicking a mattress that had been stacked against the wall.

What are you doing?
Kicking.
Yes, I see that. Ummmm...why?
For fun.
Okay. Ummmm...are you training for something?
No.
Okay - are you kicking for fun or are you kicking because you are mad?
Kicking for fun.

I decided to let him have space and go downstairs. Pretty soon he was calling down for a clue as to where the jump rope might be. I think he might be exercising by jumping on the bed now because there is a whole lot of squeaking happening. Why this sudden need to cross-train? I'm not sure how confident I feel that the motives are health related. I just hope I don't get a call from the school that Rocky busted someone in the shin.

No comments: