Monday, May 4, 2009

Hooray for Sunnyside

Despite the frantic pace with which I drag Vaughn through his school hallways each morning, it really is a bright spot in my day. Unlike my Jr. High (which actually has it's own FaceBook group titled "I Went To South Valley Jr. High and I Turned Out Okay"), Vaughn's k-8 home is bursting with punky girls hugging each other in the halls rather than fighting each other down the street at Foster's Freeze. The band routinely practices The White Stripes in the morning (a little dated, but still) and I even saw one kid go up to a piano sitting in the hall and bust out a beautiful rendition of Van Halen's "Jump." Today was a new high though as some lone minstrel went dancing down the halls in his Obama t-shirt wearing a George Bush mask. These kids are alright.

No comments: