Saturday, November 22, 2008

Me and Yang Yang

Anyone who knows Jacob knows that he is a hugger and most people who've been around me know that I am not. I'll hug people I'm close to but Jacob hugs people he JUST MEETS. People he barely knows. I hate this for two reasons: 1. It sets me up to be hugged. He's laid the groundwork - everyone is hugging. 2. Or the other option is that I stand there with my arms folded seeming like the frigid bitch. I go back and forth on which one is worse.

Anyway-Yang Yang- a panda in southern China was recently the victim of an unwanted hug. It seems as though a 20 year old college student broke into his enclosure and tried to hug him which provoked a very nasty bite. Shocking right? This was the SECOND time someone got bit by Yang Yang trying to hug him (the first time the hug-aggressor was drunk and actually bit the bear back). I mean I understand that they are so soft and cuddly looking but as the as the zoo officials said, some of this needs to be "basic knowledge."

Luckily Yang Yang is back to his cute but un-huggy ways and "does not appear to have suffered any psychological damage." Yang Yang if you're listening: try crossing your arms in front of you.

No comments: